Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sierra Nevad Beer Camp



Sierra Nevada sponsored a beer camp and brewed four of the top brews (not sure of the criteria and who decided). The first one I am featuring today is the Juniper Black Ale which is made using Juniper berrys. The ABV is 8.5% and I do not have the IBUs (it is hoppy though). The beer pours presenting you with a nice 1" head which lasts to the last sip. The aroma presents a slightly Juniper berry smell, but it is not overpowering. There is a discernible hoppiness and it is slightly bitter. This is my second favorite of the series. It is very drinkable and has the "typical" Sierra Nevada flavor. The beer is available in case lots of 12 oz bottles with 4 bottles of each brew. So far I have purchase two of the cases, but I see one more on the horizon. I will taste the other beers this week and tell you what I think.

No comments: